Our Vision, Mission and Values
Fair Wisconsin envisions a fair, safe, and inclusive society in which lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people are treated with dignity and respect.
Fair Wisconsin Education Fund works to build a fair, safe, and inclusive Wisconsin for all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people by advancing, achieving, and protecting LGBT civil rights and workplace equality through education, movement capacity building, grassroots organizing, civic engagement, research, and legal challenge preparation.
Fair Wisconsin Education Fund carries out this mission in accordance with the following values:
- We value human dignity.
- We recognize, respect, and celebrate the diversity within the LGBT community.
- We believe LGBT and allied people should shape and inform the work of our organization to ensure we are responsive and accountable to the people we serve.
- We believe a multi-issue approach is necessary to address the diverse challenges facing the LGBT community.
- We believe social, racial, and economic justice are key intersectional issues that impact LGBT people and their families.
- We believe change is possible through strategic public engagement.
- We believe in developing strategic collaborations, partnerships, and coalitions with LGBT and allied organizations.
- We believe in maintaining and expanding our statewide presence.
- We believe in building organizational infrastructure to support the capacity of the LGBT equality movement.
Who We Are
Board of Directors
JoAnne Krabbe, Wauwatosa, Chair
Paul Harrison, Madison, Treasurer
Joanne Holland, Madison, Immediate Past-Chair
Isaac Kabacinski, Green Bay
Lane Morein, Green Bay
Ali Muldrow, Madison
Jessica Polacek, La Crosse
Imani Teyanna Sloan, Milwaukee
Support Our Work
A tax-deductible gift to Fair Wisconsin Education Fund will help us educate the general public about the harms of anti-LGBT discrimination and build more inclusive communities and workplaces for LGBT Wisconsinites.
Supporting Fair Wisconsin Education Fund is an investment in the future of equality in our state.
Full equality is about more than just checking off a list of legal protections – it’s about ensuring that lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Wisconsinites and our families are able to thrive, living our lives fully, with dignity and respect, and without fear of harassment or harm. It is only through robust education, advocacy and political involvement that we will realize our shared vision of full equality for LGBT Wisconsinites.
Workplace giving is a great way to show your continued support for Fair Wisconsin Education Fund.
Whether your workplace participates in the United Way, Community Shares of Wisconsin or Community Shares of Greater Milwaukee campaign, you can help the Fair Wisconsin Education Fund educate the public about the harmful effects of discrimination toward gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender individuals and build inclusive workplaces participating in employer organized giving.
Community Shares of Wisconsin and Greater Milwaukee
Community Shares of Wisconsin and Community Shares of Greater Milwaukee, together with their donors and member nonprofits, address social, economic, and environmental problems through grassroots activities, advocacy, research, and public education.
If your employer participates in either program, here is the information you need to contribute to Fair Wisconsin Education Fund:
- Community Shares of Wisconsin: The Fair Wisconsin Education Fund is agency # 201.
- Community Shares of Greater Milwaukee: The Fair Wisconsin Education Fund is agency # 209.
- Combined Federal Campaign (for federal employees): The Fair Wisconsin Education Fund is agency # 86155.
If your company has a United Way campaign, and you have the option of writing in a charity not listed, please consider the Fair Wisconsin Education Fund. You can also ask your employer to consider running parallel campaigns with both Community Shares and the United Way next year.
Is workplace giving not an option at your place of employment?
If your employer does not offer a workplace giving program, ask them to consider starting one with the Community Shares organization in your area. Workplace giving is an easy way to make a contribution and in some cases can be matched by your employer to double the impact of your gift!
For more information about workplace giving, please contact Megin McDonell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A bequest to Fair Wisconsin Education Fund is a way of perpetuating your commitment to our work to win equality and justice for all LGBTQ Wisconsinites and our families.
Through a bequest, you may leave to Fair Wisconsin Education Fund a specific dollar amount, or allocate a percentage of your estate to Fair Wisconsin Education Fund after provisions for family members and other beneficiaries have been made.
Information for Your Estate Planning Professional
Our non-profit corporate name and address:
Fair Wisconsin Education Fund
122 East Olin Avenue, Suite 100
Madison, WI 53713
Our Employer Identification Number (EIN): 02-0559730
Sample Language for an Unrestricted Bequest:
I give and bequeath to Fair Wisconsin Education Fund, a nonprofit located in Wisconsin (the sum of ______ dollars) or (a specific asset) or (______% of the remainder of my estate) to be used for fulfillment of its general mission.
For more information about planned giving, please contact Megin McDonell via email at email@example.com.