The Fair Wisconsin Political Action Committee (PAC) is committed to advancing and achieving equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender Wisconsinites through strategic electoral activity, by working to elect pro-fairness individuals in local, state and federal races in Wisconsin.
Fair Wisconsin PAC works to elect pro-fairness individuals through endorsements of specific candidates, financial support and independent expenditure activity in support of state and local candidates.
By ensuring pro-fairness individuals occupy seats at both the state and local level, we are able to focus our educational and advocacy efforts with elected officials on how, not whether, to continue working towards equality in Wisconsin.
- March 29, 2018: Rebecca Dallet for Wisconsin Supreme Court Justice
- 2016 ENDORSEMENTS FOR THE NOVEMBER 8, 2016 ELECTION
- September 5, 2014: November Election Endorsements
- August 11, 2014: Congressional Endorsements
- April 10, 2014: Fair Wisconsin PAC Endorses Mary Burke for Governor
- April 15, 2014: Fair Wisconsin PAC Endorses Eyon Biddle for Milwaukee Common Council
- 2014 Spring Local Election Endorsements
- 2013 Spring Local Election Endorsements
- 2012 Fall General Election Endorsements
- 2012 Fall Primary Election Endorsements
- 2012 Recall Election Endorsements
- 2012 Spring Election Endorsements and 2012 Spring Election Results
Who is Fair Wisconsin PAC?
In 2010, Fair Wisconsin PAC and the Human Rights League PAC joined forces to create one statewide LGBT political action committee. Fair Wisconsin PAC is an active member of Wisconsin Progress, a state-based organization committed to recruiting, training and developing progressive leaders at the state and local levels.
Members of the PAC Committee:
Nancy Nusbaum, Treasurer, De Pere
Ross Draegert, Fox Point
Gary Goyke, Madison
Laurie Guilbault, Wauwatosa
John Smallwood, Madison
Dick Wagner, Madison
Mark Webster, Madison
How does Fair Wisconsin PAC decide whom to endorse?
In evaluating candidates, the PAC Committee considers numerous factors: the candidates’ answers to our questionnaire and/or participation in endorsement interviews, their pro-fairness (or anti-fairness) voting record if applicable, and their ability to demonstrate a long term commitment to protecting and advancing the civil rights of the LGBT community. Candidates are endorsed when the PAC Committee determines that the candidate will be the best strategic choice for the community in casting their ballots. Fair Wisconsin PAC stands with elected officials who do the hard work and cast their votes for fairness.
Support Fair Wisconsin PAC
Your contribution to the Fair Wisconsin PAC allows us to reach out to hundreds of candidates every year at the state and local level to gauge support for LGBT equality, identify the strongest current and potential leaders, and move fairness forward.