Our Vision, Mission and Values
Fair Wisconsin envisions a fair, safe, and inclusive society in which lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people are treated with dignity and respect.
Fair Wisconsin Inc. works to build a fair, safe, and inclusive Wisconsin for all lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people by advancing, achieving, and protecting LGBT civil rights through lobbying, legislative advocacy, grassroots organizing, coalition building and electoral involvement.
These efforts are designed to educate the general voting public, sensitize the media, promote a politically active and effective organizational membership, and better inform policy makers on issues of concern to the organization’s members.
Fair Wisconsin carries out this mission in accordance with the following values:
- We value human dignity.
- We recognize, respect, and celebrate the diversity within the LGBT community.
- We believe LGBT and allied people should shape and inform the work of our organization to ensure we are responsive and accountable to the people we serve.
- We believe a multi-issue approach is necessary to address the diverse challenges facing the LGBT community.
- We believe social, racial, and economic justice are key intersectional issues that impact LGBT people and their families.
- We believe change is possible through strategic political action and public engagement.
- We believe in developing strategic collaborations, partnerships, and coalitions with LGBT and allied organizations.
- We believe in maintaining and expanding our statewide presence.
- We believe in building organizational infrastructure to support the capacity of the LGBT equality movement.
Click here to learn about Fair Wisconsin Education Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization with a mission to educate the general public about the harms of discrimination toward LGBT individuals and build more inclusive communities and workplaces for LGBT Wisconsinites.